Saturday, January 3, 2015

The most holy men


(Thomas Brooks)

"Unto me, who am less than the least of all saints!" Ephesians 3:8

The most holy men, are always the most humble men!

None so humble on earth, as those who live highest in Heaven.

Those who are the most highly valued and esteemed of by God, are lowest and least in their own esteem.

"This is the one I esteem: he who is humble and contrite in spirit, and trembles at My Word!" Isaiah 66:2  

Abraham acknowledged, "I am dust and ashes!" Genesis 18:27 Job said of himself, "I am vile!" Job 40:4

David admitted, "I am a worm!" Psalm 22:6

Isaiah confessed, "Woe is me! I am ruined!" Isaiah 6:5
Peter affirmed, "I am a sinful man, O Lord!" Luke 5:8
Paul considered himself,
 "The chief of sinners!" 1 Timothy 1:15
   ~  ~  ~  ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment