Thursday, June 25, 2015

Just because He disposes all things


(James Meikle, "Converse with the Unseen World")

"Our God is in heaven and does whatever He
 pleases." Psalm 115:3 (HCSB) 

"But He is unchangeable; who can oppose Him?
 He does what He desires." Job 23:13 (HCSB)

While I might wish to change some things in my 
situation in life, I reflect that the wisdom of that 
gracious God who rules for me is so perfect, that 
any other situation in life would not be good for 
me. Now, though I cannot now understand how 
such and such circumstances are for my good, yet 
I know that His wisdom is a thousand times better 
than mine. So I should be silent in whatever He 
sees fit to send me. Moreover, I should adore His 
sovereignty, and submit to His disposal in all 
things--just because He disposes all things.
"For I know that the Lord is great; our Lord is greater
 than all gods. The Lord does whatever He pleases in
 heaven and on earth, in the seas and all the depths."
    Psalm 135:5-6 (HCSB)
"Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom 
 and the knowledge of God! How unsearchable
 His judgments and untraceable His ways!" 
    Romans 11:33 (HCSB)



No comments:

Post a Comment