Tuesday, June 16, 2015

His people's scars and warts




(Thomas Brooks)

"I will not remember your sins." Isaiah 43:25

Caesar was painted with his finger upon his
scar, his wart. God puts His fingers upon all
His people's scars and warts
--upon all their

weaknesses and infirmities, that nothing can
be seen but what is fair and lovely. "You are
so beautiful, My beloved; there is no flaw in
you!" Song of Solomon 4:7

"I will never again remember their sins and
 lawless deeds." Hebrews 10:17

The meaning is, "I will fully forgive their sins;
I will never more mention them; I will never
more take notice of them; they shall never
more hear of them from Me!"

"I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember
 their sin no more." Jeremiah 31:34

Though God has an iron memory to remember
the sins of the wicked--yet He has no memory
to remember the sins of the godly!

"I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and
 their sins and their iniquities will I remember no
 more." Hebrews 8:12


No comments:

Post a Comment