Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kept for the Master's Use By Frances Ridley Havergal



Kept for the Master's Use


By Frances Ridley Havergal


Table of Contents



    Prefatory Note - KEPT FOR The Master's Use. By Frances Ridley Havergal Philadelphia Henry Altemus Company Copyrighted 1895, by Henry Altemus. ...read
    1: Our Lives Kept for Jesus - 'Keep my life, that it may be Consecrated, Lord, to Thee.' Many a heart has echoed the little song: 'Take my life, and let it be ...read
    2: Our Moments kept for Jesus - 'Keep my moments and my days; Let them flow in ceaseless praise.' It may be a little help to writer and reader if we consider some of the ...read
    3: Our Hands Kept for Jesus - 'Keep my hands, that they may move At the impulse of Thy love.' When the Lord has said to us, 'Is thine heart right, as My heart is with t ...read
    4: Our Feet kept for Jesus - 'Keep my feet, that they may be Swift and beautiful for Thee.' The figurative keeping of the feet of His saints, with the promise that whe ...read
    5: Our Voices kept for Jesus - 'Keep my voice, and let me sing Always, only, for my King.' I have wondered a little at being told by an experienced worker, that in many ...read
    6: Our Lips kept for Jesus - 'Keep my lips, that they may be Filled with messages from Thee.' The days are past for ever when we said, 'Our lips are our own.' Now we k ...read
    7: Our Silver and Gold Kept for Jesus - 'Keep my silver and my gold; Not a mite would I withhold.' 'The silver and the gold is Mine, saith the Lord of Hosts.' Yes, every coin we ...read
    8: Our Intellects kept for Jesus - 'Keep my intellect, and use Every power as Thou shalt choose.' There are two distinct sets of temptations which assail those who have, or ...read
    9: Our Wills kept for Jesus - 'Keep my will, oh, keep it Thine, For it is no longer mine.' Perhaps there is no point in which expectation has been so limited by experie ...read
    10: Our hearts kept for Jesus - 'Keep my heart; it is Thine own; It is now Thy royal throne.' 'It is a good thing that the heart be established with grace,' and yet some ...read
    11: Our love kept for Jesus - 'Keep my love; my Lord, I pour At Thy feet its treasure-store.' Not as a mere echo from the morning-gilded shore of Tiberias, but as an ev ...read
    12: Our Selves kept for Jesus - 'Keep my self, that I may be Ever, only, all for Thee.' 'For Thee!' That is the beginning and the end of the whole matter of consecration. ...read
    13: Christ for Us - 'So will I also be for Thee.'--Hos. iii. 3. The typical promise, 'Thou shalt abide for Me many days,' is indeed a marvel of love. For it is given t ...read
    14: Selections From Miss Havergal's Latest Poems - An Interlude. That part is finished! I lay down my pen, And wonder if the thoughts will flow as fast Through ...read

No comments:

Post a Comment